Background image HELP!

liunx

Is there a way to anchor a background image to the right in the browser and not have it tile to fill the page?<br />
<br />
Basically I have an image 240x400 that I want to be in the top right corner of my page, but I need to be able to have text on top of it.<!--content-->Well here is a plan, don't know if it will work or not.<br />
Set background to the image.<br />
so, <body background="image.jpg"><br />
and if i remember correctly, you can make backgrounds static somehow (background=static)?. maybe you put it in your body, but i'm sure someone in these forums remembers it.<br />
You might also want to try to add some other graphic to the left and bottom of your image and just have it normal or static. <br />
ex.<br />
<br />
|--------[image]|<br />
|---------------|<br />
|---------------|<br />
<br />
^ fill in the "-"'s with some solid or striped color(s).<br />
<br />
hope this helps, because now im confused :eek:<!--content-->Btw, nice site/design.<br />
I also checked out your source and you have barely any meta.<br />
<meta name="developer" content="Brian Yoshida"><br />
<meta name="keywords" content="brianyoshida.com, brian yoshida"><br />
<br />
Just a suggestion, but I would add more keywords such as webdesign, services, topoftheline, etc., and also add a description meta name so search engines have something to post about you.<!--content-->Yeah...I need to add a bunch more keywords. I'm hoping to get listed in Google.<br />
<br />
Hopefully someone will come up with a solution regarding the background image.<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->To do this, you use CSS. Inline code looks like this:<br />
<br />
<body style="background: #ffffff url("images/bg.gif") top right;"><br />
<br />
For an internal style sheet (preferred over the inline), you need to put this code in the head:<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
body {background: #ffffff url("images/bg.gif") top right;}<br />
--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
The #ffffff is the background color, the "images/bg.gif" is the location of the picture you're using and I hope that the top right is self explanatory.<!--content-->By the way, if you're willing to delve more into using CSS for your website, which I would recommend, you can go to the W3C's tutorial (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp">http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp</a><!-- m -->) for a good start.<br />
<br />
<br />
I suppose if I had actually taken the time to look at your site before posting, I would have seen that you do use CSS. Sorry if the above replies sounded condescending.<!--content-->Google likes to read the <title> element within the <head> and the META Description element. The META Keywords are deemed less important (as people used to use these to spam the index), but some other Search Engines still use them to some extent. Other elements that are important include the <h1> to <h6> tags, the title attribute on Anchors, and the alt attribute on the img tag. Use them to your advantage, and optimise each page for half a dozen words or so.<!--content-->Hey, doogxela...thanks for the input. What browsers will this be compatible with? Will this work on Netscape 4.x?<!--content-->more than likely not. NS4 is a dinosaur and doesn't read 95% of css. I wouldn't worry about it.<!--content-->

Back