Background image / CSS / Netscape

liunx

I've found threads in similar veins to my question, but nothing that hits it directly, so I apologize if I've missed something elsewhere...<br />
<br />
I'm using this code for the background of my page (posted by a member of this forum-- thanks a bunch):<br />
<br />
<STYLE TYPE="text/css"> <br />
<br />
<!-- <br />
<br />
body { <br />
background-image: url(img.jpg); <br />
background-repeat: no-repeat; <br />
background-position: center; <br />
background-attachment: fixed; <br />
background-color: #FFFFFF; <br />
} <br />
<br />
--> <br />
<br />
</STYLE><br />
<br />
My question is this: can this same effect be created in Netscape 4? I know that Netscape's support for CSS is quirky, but it seems to recognize the positioning of the image, just not the fixed effect. Is there a way to do that or is it a lost cause?<br />
<br />
Thanks for any help you can provide.<!--content-->Sorry. That CSS doesn't work in NS 4 but it does in 6. I really would'nt worry about it too much. My NS says Copyright 1997 so it's pretty old anyway. Just have a message at the bottom that says this page is best viewed in IE and NS 6 or something.<br />
<br />
Good Hunting!<!--content-->stats for N6 are still waaaaaaay below n4.7<!--content-->Yes they are. Why do you suppose that is, Dr?<!--content-->not only that NS4.x doesn't support the styles very well, it won't support the background fixed method. that is an IE thing.<!--content-->Netscape sux, There should be just one broswer Microsoft Internet<!--content-->

Back