AWstats vs Google Analytics

thesalmonator

Hi, According to AWstats in my cPanel for one of my wp blogs, in August, 2011, I got over 1,700 unique visitors. However, Google Analytics says I only got 10 visitors during the period of August, 12 to September 12, 2011. Why the huge difference? I am only counting uniques in awstats and not total visits or hits. I thought my wp blog was doing pretty good until I hooked it up with Google Analytics, but the low number of visits in GA would explain why I am not getting anyone to sign up for my free report. You may have installed GA incorrectly, usually its pretty damn accurate in my experience... Did you link the accounts properly? I'm sure there's something wrongwhat's you conversion rate? you can tell by the rate which one is accurate GA is the dogs..... Its great! it gets Unique Visitors as the main one but that is a really really big difference! See if you have it hooked up right you have installed ga not correctly i think, make sure you have integrated the code and checked in your profile that your site has connected with your blog. also, awstats has overflated stats because of bots and etc Yes, I agree it sounds like GA is not installed properly. Make sure you GA code is on every page, and not just on one. Thank you all for all the good information. I am new to GA. How do I know whether I installed it correctly or not? Is there a good tutorial somewhere I can bone up on? Thanks again for all your help. Hi, Have you filtered users out in the settings, or something like that? 1700 unique visitors - are you sure it isn't page impressions? Just asking. If it is, it may be possible that you are filtering your login out, or your IP address? I can't think how you could mess up the installation of this plugin, so it reporting intermittently. That is interesting, I am seeing a similar sort of effect on my site also, that the AWStats numbers appear larger than the G.A. stats. That is interesting, I am going to look into that a little more... Quote: AWstats often counts "bots" and crawlers as unique visitors. The difference between the two stats is too much, something is wrong somewhere, I usually get +-200, check YouTube for installation tutorials if you are having problems, AWStats is reliable. Quote:

chalmershughes

Awstats has overflated statistics because of crawlers and etc. It appears to be like Google Analytic is not set up effectively. Create sure you Google Analytic value is on every web page, and not just on one.

jenifer5876

AWStats records every request from every human, bot and scanner alike, so it will always show you that you're getting more hits than GA will. Google analytics is the obvious choice for statistics and analyzing traffic.