Average Google CPC?

jpcatherine

Hey I'm advertising on Google, and I'm not gettin results.What's your average Cost Per Click?I'm paying 40-80 cents per click and I'm getting barely anything. Any suggestions?thank's.i imagine it takes some time to build up since google isn't instantaneous.when did you start your links?few days ago.That's what I thought too.I've already recieved FOUR "slow" warnings.Which means my click through rate is too low. (amount of impressions vs. amount of actual clicks)A low clickthrough rate means I gotta pay more to get my listings higher up.Each third warning I have to pay a fine of $5.00.(lucky for me I found a $35.00 coupon)yeah, it's gonna take at least 30+ days for you to really see any results.The bulk of it will be after the next dance, I assume. Bigwebmaster isfar more knowledgeable about google than me, but that's pretty muchwhat I would expect.but each day I'm recieving these warnings...30 days. .. Should I just suspend my account till then?I'm assuming that paying 50-70 a click is a good bit?I advertise under most web design searches.mansei web design - my siteHave you tried re-writting your ad? Make it more eye-catching?Maybe you should go after some smaller more targeted keywords?Just ideasyeah I did rewrite my ad, that helped a bit. maybe I'll post all my keywords and there CPC's and I'll see what you guys think.Would that be a good idea?Unflux, I think you are referring to getting actual listings in the engine. Willstein is actually talking about the paid ad slots on google.Willstein, you just need to get the right combo of words and stay with the targeted keywords so your ctr stays high enough. I didn't know they now impose 5 dollar fines?! Yuck. The last time I paid for slots on Google was about a year ago, so it sounds like they have a few changes now that they didn't have back then.You are welcome to post your keywords and CPC if you would like our comments.aight i put it up for the world to see.http://www.lavashark.com/goog.htmat first i was like "hmm maybe i shouldnt post this" then i thought "well if they copy this their sure to fail" so any piraters out there . . . you didn't hear that k? mwah love you.feedback?While I'm not an expert at web design or hosting, I do know that we're in a buyers market right now. Since it is my understanding that this is about getting clicks on things people see, and not rank on google, I can actually help :p Stuff is cheap. I'm away at college right now, but I have training in advertising, and my dad has run national advertising campaigns. I checked what I'm about to say with him, and he agreed.People will flock to you if they think you are going to Provide the best value for their moneyThink you're honestSee your success as tied to theirs (thus know you'll go the extra mile)While we're not in the 50's anymore and some people see this as oldfashioned, it still works. People like words like quality, honesty, and golden rule. You don't have to use those exact words, but I didn't see anything similar to that on the page. Obviously, you have to have relevant non bubbly feeling words like "design" web design etc, but "quality web design" would be good to see. People looking for "cheap web design" most of the time probably mean "value based web design," ie they want bang for their buck. So try words like cheap... if you have a good sales staff, they will be able to reign in on the contacts you get Just a few ideas, and I'm no expert on web advertising, but I tried to be helpful.Bigwebmaster wrote:The problem isn't the web design --- it's in actually getting the user to click on the google ads.Did you check how many times people search for the words you are advertising for?*edit*OK, wow, I've just looked at the link - 0.7% click-through rate!? That's really low, but why? It could be that Google has made an error in counting the clicks (can you see if it matches how many people come to your webpages via google in your weblogs?).So my guess is, you're not writing the right things in your little text ads, so definately play around with those...