Automatic table resize - Is it possible?

liunx

Hi, <br />
<br />
I'm trying to create a template that have one table (1x2) and within each of the two columns, there are 4 or 5 rows. <br />
<br />
As seen in the attached document, I have allocated the editable region to be the white part of the page, but when I type beyond the blue row on the right, I'm left with a white patch under the blue. <br />
<br />
Is there some way I can resize the blue cell to follow the length of the white editable region if it goes beyond the length of the blue?<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
sonyk.<!--content-->Do you use rowspan? One way is to nest a new table within the second td. I presume tou use bgcolor in the first td, right? Give us some code if you dont fix it.<!--content-->well if it is one table it should grow as big as the editable region you have. can you give us an eample of code to see what you are talking about.<!--content-->Guys, thanks for the reply. <br />
<br />
I have attached the code.<br />
<br />
Following will be a screenshot of the tables in Dreamweaver.<br />
<br />
sonyk.<!--content-->As you can see, the botton 1x2 table in green is actually separate from the 1x2 table above (the table with nested rows in each column).<!--content-->that is because you had the <td> height set to 592 you need to set it to 100%.<br />
<br />
<br />
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/popmenu_com.js'></script><br />
<br />
<br />
<table width="100%" border="3" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="360"><br />
<tr><br />
<td valign="top" width="150" height="100%"><!--content-->thanks scoutt. <br />
<br />
i knew there had to be an easy answer. <br />
<br />
cheers<br />
s.<!--content-->

Back