Auto welcome new user post

blackknights

No idea if this is what its called have seen it on other sites auto welcome pm and post in welcome center
I am using 3.7.3 any help would be appreciate
Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by post in welcome center???

To send a PM automatically when someone registers, login to your ACP and find User Registration Options.

Scroll down to Welcome Private Message and edit it accordingly.

Ab.Nath

And if u want that when anyone adds a post to the guest secton

A Reply Post Automatically generates
Then Use Auto Reply and make the desired changes as how to want to add in that

Thanks

blackknights

This hack will generate a welcome post for new registrated members welcoming to the site in a per chosen forum of your choice

MobileHacks

Automatically Start a Welcome Thread in the Forum of Your Choice

This little mod will start a new thread in the forum of your choice when somebody registers.

The thread message is contained in a template, and easily customizeable on your part.

This version posts the thread when the user registers - but before he activates his email address.

Thanks to flypaper for providing a bugfix.

Installation Instructions: Import the product. Change the welcome_thread template to suit your needs. Change the setup variables in the welcome thread plugin to suit your needs.

blackknights

Thank you MobileHacks just what the doc ordered new site and I'm the only staff member as of yet so this will file in the hours I am not able to.

mister_don

MobileHacks said:

This little mod will start a new thread in the forum of your choice when somebody registers.

The thread message is contained in a template, and easily customizeable on your part.

This version posts the thread when the user registers - but before he activates his email address.

Installation Instructions: Import the product. Change the welcome_thread template to suit your needs. Change the setup variables in the welcome thread plugin to suit your needs.

the welcome message so you can see, in 3.8.1 vb board

PHP:
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: welcome_thread -->
Welcome #####!
#### is a very diverse place. There is a lot to do here - the trick is just knowing where to look.

We're a friendly bunch and we welcome newcomers to the
#######
<!-- END TEMPLATE: welcome_thread -->

how can I delete this?
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: welcome_thread -->

<!-- END TEMPLATE: welcome_thread -->

thanks

Essa

why would you del them?
those things don't have to do anything with the product, it's just to let you know what those lines for so it would be easy for you to del them when you're done from the hack.
It's your choice, but I always do this so I know what those lines for.
Wanna del, just del the whole two lines and they're gone

mister_don

MobileHacks said:

someone could upgrade to vb 3.8.1?
thanks