auto resize iframes

liunx

is there any way to make an iframe automatically resize to fit it's content?<!--content-->no, i think it's a set width, and unlike tables, it doesn't overflow automatically.<br />
<br />
although i stand to be corrected....<!--content-->hmm, i sort of hope you are - i'd use a php include, but I need content to be loaded in the same space.<!--content-->what's going in the iframe? maybe there's a variable somewhere which can measure the width of the page which is being loaded in the iframe, and then set the <iframe width=$width> or something<br />
:confused:<!--content-->well, stuff like my forums and stuff will be in it, but i'm not sure how i'd load a variable from the child page into the parent, and you'd have to refresh the parent page to see the changes wouldn't you...? and that would sort od defy the point of a framed system.<br />
<br />
b.t.w i'm a bit slow at replying because i've been ill for the past few days.<!--content-->ah.. welcome back, glad you're over the illness<br />
<br />
i'm not bad with thinking out ways to do things, like thinking the way or logic that a page will work, i'm just not sure of the way php code fully works.<br />
<br />
the solution is beyond me.. and since pyro hasn't replied with the answer, it makes you wonder if there is one or not<br />
<br />
good luck anyway<!--content-->i'm guessing there probably isn't. Never mind.<!--content-->

Back