Auto Complete and content assist will not shut off (Eclipse)

Hitch

\[quote\] Hello, I have spent over an hour attempting to disable ALL auto-complete and suggestions in the Android SDK in Eclipse. Android uses both XML and Java files. Currently I have been working on XML files and every time I reach an end of line I hit [Enter], but there is an auto-complete dialogue up and it prints "style" at the end of the line. Any assistance would be great, I have been searching online and have been turning EVERYTHING off in: Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Editor Windows -> Preferences -> XML -> XML Files -> Editor While I finally got closing tags and quotes from popping up, this irritating and downright WRONG auto-complete keeps popping up. If there is some overall disable switch that I am missing I will feel stupid, but would be grateful for the assistance. Thanks for all your assistance.\[/quote\]Hello All! I am working in Eclipse with Java and XML doing Android app development. The above quoted text is the exact same issue I'm having. Unfortunately this was posted in a forum January of 2011 and received no replies which makes me wonder if this issue is a bug that hadn't been fixed. I have tried using Eclipse 3.6.2, 3.7.2, SR2, and as also said above, I have disabled all options related to auto completion or content assist, in every platform listed in Eclipse, Java, XML, etc... I have spent about two days messing with all manner of settings and researching online how to solve this problem. The general advice in other forums, with the same problem, not just XML, is almost always to go \[code\]Window->preferences->[platform]->Editor->Content Assist (and/or) Typing\[/code\] and disable the relevant options. Half the people claim it fixes their problem, while the other half claim it does not. I happen to be in the "does not" crowd as everything I've tried has no effect, even after shutting down and restarting Eclipse, the content assist and code completion options are all still disabled yet it continues to happen. I'm starting to get desperate as this is really cramping my coding style. Is this a bug? Or am I just missing something? Thank you!
BxkU7.jpg
I have tried to disable content assist as shown below. But it contingues to give me the popup suggestion box when trigger characters are typed.
CNZgG.jpg
Any insight and/or help on this would be so much appreciated!

Back