ASP.NET Newcomer - Where/How do I start?

liunx

I would like to expand my skill set to include ASP.NET however I am a complete to .NET Framework.

I am currently running Windows XP with Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and IIS as an added component. Can anyone advise where I go from here please?

Many thanks,

PaulDownload SharpDevelop, WebMatrix or VS.net 2005 Beta 2(Requires you install .net beta 2.0 also).

Do you have any specific questions related to the framework? What language are you attempting to use in it?VS.net is where it all went wrong. My PC would not accept the install of Visual Web Developer or the .net beta 2.0 file so I was at a loss to know what to do next.

My reasoning for even dabbling in this, is that I see a number of freelance positions requesting an asp.net developer and I want to see what this involves. Am I barking up the wrong tree?Download SharpDevelop, should be good enough.

No i do not think so, as it becomes more and more mainstream, it will push java aside.I've got to say, Paul - I've not long started using VS.NET, and compared to ordinary VB it's practically completely different.

I'll just wish you good luck, and hope you pick it up quicker than I am!! LOL! ;)I've got to say, Paul - I've not long started using VS.NET, and compared to ordinary VB it's practically completely different.

I'll just wish you good luck, and hope you pick it up quicker than I am!! LOL! ;)

Not that much different if you have questions go ahead. I am on vacation so do not expect and answer...If you know ASP coding you can code it in notepad, but it will take a little bit of time. I developed World Recipe in notepad.

Dexter ZafraPlease stop bringing up old threads!!!

Back