ASP and IIS5.0

liunx

Please can someone advise or point me in the right direction. I have installed IIS5.0 and I cannot get ASP scripts to run, they try to associate with Dreamweaver and open in the application. Please can someone help!!!!I might get a quick 101 on this set up for this forum as this may be a root cause of many problems.

For now... Make sure you are using Dreamweaver MX, I presume you are. Also consider setting up IIS 6.0 unless you have a reason for 5.0.

BTW, what OS? 98, 2000 or XP?

Have you set up a remote server and using your local folder?

If not, refer to 'Setup for sample ASP site' in the help files that come with Dreamweaver MX. That explains it pretty well with links to other areas that may help.

Setting up an ASP server can be quite twisted for the first time and is not a simple task to explain. When I get a bit of time I will do that 101.thanks for the advice. I am using Windows 2000 and I have Dreamweaver installed. Thanks again, I think there is definitely a need for more info in this regard, I have searched the web and have battled to find concise infoThis may be a silly question but how are you trying to run the ASP scripts? If you are simply double clicking on the file then, yes, they will open in Dreamweaver (or whatever editor is associated with the file). You need to view the page like you would view it over the internet. i.e. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://your_computer_name/index.asp">http://your_computer_name/index.asp</a><!-- m -->

Sorry if this is obvious but I had to ask!Originally posted by entimp
Also consider setting up IIS 6.0 unless you have a reason for 5.0.

BTW, what OS? 98, 2000 or XP?

Those are mis-leading, XP and 2000 have IIS 5, though IIS 5.1 on XP and 5.0 on 2K. 98 does not have anything but PWS. and the only OS that IIS 6 runs on is 2k3.If you have run IIS lockdown, and removed script mappings for ASP to lock the machine down, IIS will feed the browser back a file that MX might try to open as browser can't find the script mapping headers.

Back