[ask]about Protection Folder

virus

i use protection Folder for my admin panel and modcp
the problem when this realese call admincp user authetication showing but whean i press cancel button still go to admincp page are not saying page not authentification

where is the problem about this

please help about this

virus

any one can give me what happen what sollution coz realy not goto page 401 stiil go to admin page please help me

bluescorpion

Something isn't right with your .htaccess protection code. I use it all the time and if it fails, I get an Access Denied screen. The admincp .htaccess file should look like this:
Code:
AuthName "Protected Area"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/user/pathtoyourpasswordfolder/.htpasswd
require valid-user

You should put your password file OUTSIDE your webroot for a more secure configuration.

virus

yes bro i put in out but when i tested and i clicked button cancel still goto the page not 401 authentication error why that bro

bluescorpion

Dumb question, this .htaccess file that you are using is IN the admincp folder?

Does the username and password part work? What operating system is your server?

virus

thats work again i must make custom before can't read the default must make custom why that...what happend with my cpanel can't read the default error page anyone can't explain where is the probleme about that

Grinderhand

@virus - do you also have a .htaccess in your forum root for VBSEO? Reason I ask is mine does the same thing and I suspect having another .htaccess file in a level above this one may be the reason.

virus

yes bro i have the .htaccess in my root and abou vbseo i don't get any error coz i follow the intruction..i think this about my cpanel not run good about page error i must creat custom page error..just my prob that not run error page default must custom and run good thanks all for the suggets and i will try to ask my host about this..

Grinderhand

In my case it does have an affect. I renamed my .htaccess in my forum root, then tried to access my admincp and pressed Cancel and it worked like it should, giving me a 404 error. When the .htaccess in my forum root is active and I press Cancel in admincp, it goes to the admincp login. The .htaccess password request keeps popping up after that, but eventually it goes away if I keep hitting Cancel. Either it has something to do with having an .htaccess file above the admincp .htaccess OR it is being affected by the VBSEO rewriting. I'll be looking into this further and let you know what I find out. Other opinions are welcome.

EDIT: I found that if you comment out the RewriteEngine On statement in the VBSEO .htaccess, the admincp .htaccess works as it should.

virus

Grinderhand said:
In my case it does have an affect. I renamed my .htaccess in my forum root, then tried to access my admincp and pressed Cancel and it worked like it should, giving me a 404 error. When the .htaccess in my forum root is active and I press Cancel in admincp, it goes to the admincp login. The .htaccess password request keeps popping up after that, but eventually it goes away if I keep hitting Cancel. Either it has something to do with having an .htaccess file above the admincp .htaccess OR it is being affected by the VBSEO rewriting. I'll be looking into this further and let you know what I find out. Other opinions are welcome.

EDIT: I found that if you comment out the RewriteEngine On statement in the VBSEO .htaccess, the admincp .htaccess works as it should.

i found this problem i just go to cpanel error page and make cutoms 401.shtml and that work fine ..i not edited my vbseo rewrite and .htaccess my root just still make custom 401.shtml and work good