Article Template...

liunx

Hi guys! does anyone knows or at least have a suggestion about having a good template for articles? }:-)<!--content-->Depends on the length of the article, the number and length of the sidebars, and the style of the rest of the site.<br />
<br />
You could either have the article as part of the page (as in a table cell), as an iFrame content or as a link that opens up into a new window. <br />
<br />
The only thing I'd suggest, though, is that you keep your text to a dark colour on a light background. It's easier to read, black on white being the easiest.<br />
<br />
If you had sidebars to the article, you might want to consider a table cell layout that runs like this:<br />
<br />
<td><table><br />
<tr><br />
<td rowspan="2">The main body of the article would go here.</td><br />
<td> The first side bar would go here.</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td> The second sidebar would go here.</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table></td><br />
<br />
Does that help?<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->well...that helped! thanks! could i bother you for another one?...what if i'll jst link it to open a new window. start from scratch....there are several articles. I wnt sidebars that would link to each article but given in the same window...is that possible and if so, how could i do it? Your response is highly appreciated ;)<!--content-->The easiest way to do it would be to have the link to the article as <a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"article1.htm" target="_blank"> and the articles page itself would use the interior table of the set above. Like this:<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>Article Name</title><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<table><br />
<tr> <br />
<td rowspan="2">Article information here</td> (Or however many rows you need for your sidebars)<br />
<td>Sidebar One</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td>Sidebar Two</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
You just copy from the <tr> of Sidebar Two to the </tr> for as many rows as you need for the sidebars, with the <td rowspan"#"> for the article matching the same number of rows. <br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->

Back