Array Filtering with multiple key-value lookups in PHP

.: k o k e :.

I'm using a wordpress plugin for advanced form design/logic/processing, and one of it's (biggest) downsides is the awkward way it provides form data. Data is given in an array with two or three items for each field.if it's a hidden field:[*]\[code\]$$$n => id\[/code\] - where n is the field's order in the form, and NAME is the name/id.[*]\[code\]id => value\[/code\] - where id is the name/id and value is the value.If it's a visible field:[*]\[code\]$$$n => LABEL\[/code\] - where n is the field's order in the form, and LABEL is the human-readable label.[*]\[code\]$$$id => LABEL\[/code\] - where id is the name/id of the field[*]\[code\]LABEL => value\[/code\] - where value is what I actually want.I'm trying to write a function that will consume this horrid array and return a simpler one with a single \[code\]id => value\[/code\] pair for each field.For example, it will take this (order of fields can't be guaranteed):\[code\]array( '$$$1' => 'command', 'command' => 'signup', '$$$2' => 'First Name', '$$$firstname' => 'First Name', 'First Name' => 'John', '$$$3' => 'Email Address', '$$$email' => 'Email Address', 'Email Address' => '[email protected]');\[/code\]And return:\[code\]array( 'command' => 'signup', 'email' => '[email protected]', 'firstname' => 'John');\[/code\]This code works, but feels very awkward. Can you help refine it? Thanks! (My strategy is to ignore everything but the \[code\]$$$n\[/code\] fields since they're identical for all forms and there's no simple way to tell if a given field is hidden or not.)\[code\]function get_cforms_data($cformsdata) {$data = http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3552114/array();foreach ($cformsdata as $key => $value) { if (strpos($key,'$$$') === 0) { $newkey = substr($key, 3); if (is_numeric($newkey)) { $keys = array_keys($cformsdata, $value); if (count($keys) == 1) { // must be a hidden field - NAME only appears once $data[$value] = $cformsdata[$value]; } else { // non-hidden field. Isolate id. foreach($keys as $k) { if ($k == $key) { // $$$n - ignore it continue; } else { // $$$id $k = substr($k, 3); $data[$k] = $cformsdata[$value]; } } } } }}return $data;}\[/code\]

Back