arranging icons

Hi there,<br />
<br />
Yet again, a difficult perhaps impossible question..:)<br />
<br />
On my IntRAnet, i've inserted a link to a directory. When u press this link u go to a directory stored on our(company's) network, the link is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="file://tvdnlam10/update/algemene">file://tvdnlam10/update/algemene</a><!-- m --> software<br />
. When u press that link you go to the direcory \\tvdnlam10\update\algemene software.<br />
In that directory you'll find 19 icons to programs that are also on the network, so till then everything works fine.<br />
<br />
Now my question is, the icons are loaded by the users system default for example: when you are on a windows 98 machine, and you go press the link <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="file://tvdnlam10/update/algemene">file://tvdnlam10/update/algemene</a><!-- m --> software you will see the icons are loaded, just the way it is set in you system default, and the icons are ordered on the way you have set that in your system.<br />
<br />
How can i tell to the link that it has to arrange the icons in alfabethic order, so that you click the link and ull see the icons properly ordered.<br />
<br />
Understand???? please help me?<!--content-->I don't think that you can unless right clicking and hitting "arrange icons" and then "by name" works.<!--content-->If the intranet is setup like an internet server, I don't believe that is possible unless you use a server side scripting program like PERL or PHP. You could then use a short script to open the directory and display the files in ABC order. You might also be able to use a client side script (coded into the HTML document), like VBS of JS to do the same thing but I'm not sure.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
kevin<!--content-->

Back