Application Pool stops randomly in .Net Website [closed]

ghosti

I have a website that contains both Classic Asp and ASP.Net web pages. The website has been running for several years and is modified periodically. Yesterday, I attempted to access one of the .NET pages. The screen was blank as it attempted to load for several minutes. All of the classic ASP pages continued functioning correctly. I restarted the application pool and the problem was alleviated. About 6 hours later that day, I had the same issue and fixed it the same way. I have been monitoring the w3wp.exe process in the task manager. It seems to be holding steady with no big fluctuations. Yesterday morning, the SMTP process also stopped. Is it possible that these 2 things are related? Both the SMTP process and the Application Pool have stopped in the past, but this happens very infrequently (once every few months). This morning everything is still functioning correctly. I have considered turning rapid-fail protection off in IIS so that the Application Pool does not stop when it encounters an error, but I am not sure if this is the best choice. I looked at the Event Viewer and do not see anything out of the ordinary.Is there anything else that I should monitor? Where else should I look?I am using .NET Framework 4.0 in my .Net pages.I am using IIS6, Windows Server 2003. I connect to a Microsoft SQL 2005 database (located on another server).The .Net Pages were last modified last week with minor adjustments.

Back