Anyone have experience w/ HTML e-mail?

liunx

Hello!<br />
<br />
I'm trying to get any information I can dealing with some of the technical and 'tag' issues in dealing with HTML email and different email clients.<br />
<br />
If anyone has experience in this or knows of any resources on this it would be EXTREMELY helpful.<br />
<br />
I'm currently working on a problem with anchor tags in HTML email and am finding that these simple tags are anything but simple in dealing with the HTML email issue. If anyone can enlighten me with some wisdom on this that would be great.<br />
<br />
Thanks for any insight!<!--content-->DUDE!!! What do you mean by HTML email??? Do you mean the <mailto> tag?<!--content-->Oh no, not you again. (JK)<br />
<br />
I currently started doing some work for a company that does direct digital marketing through email. It's not Spam, they only send promotional emails to those who have opted-in to have their email addresses sent information about certain products and services.<br />
<br />
So this company creates promotional HTML pages and newsletters which are sent in the email as HTML. (Thus when you open your email you see a nice webpage instead of a text-only file.)<br />
<br />
The problem is is that if you think dealing with different versions of IE and NS is a pain when reading HTML, CSS, javascript, etc., try dealing with all of the different email clients people use. <br />
<br />
Most email software (outlook, eudora, communicator, etc.)is able to read HTML email, the problem is they all seem to handle it a little differently. In fact, a simple little thing like an anchor tag works totally inconsistently in these different emails.<br />
<br />
So I'm basically looking for ANY information I can get on this issue. Any Internet searches I've ran have turned up surprisingly little information.<br />
<br />
I've got the 'mailto' tag down, thanks.<br />
<br />
Thanks for trying to help out, though!<!--content-->OH! I gotcha! Damn that sucks! I can't help you there man!<!--content-->

Back