Any way to centre this link GRRR

liunx

Look at the << Web Design >> link at the bottom of this (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.alanwhitton.co.uk/work_in_progress/index.html">http://www.alanwhitton.co.uk/work_in_pr ... index.html</a><!-- m -->) page, is there any way i can centre that so it worx in Net$_crap 4.79 ?<br />
I tried all the usual ways . . <br />
<br />
<br />
cheers peeps!<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
d<!--content-->just a guess...<br />
<br />
try changing the first < to the escape code like you did to the second one and the >> part. The actual < may be messing up netscape.<!--content-->just a guess...<br />
<br />
try changing the first < to the escape code like you did to the second one and the >> part. The actual < may be messing up netscape.<!--content-->well spotted m8, but nah it still won't work in net$crape 4.79 flipping fing!<br />
<br />
Man do ppl still use that blooming rubbish browser ??!!!<br />
<br />
Any more ideas?<br />
<br />
Cheers,<br />
<br />
d<!--content-->It looks like you still have that first "<" written as "<" instead of <<br />
<br />
I know you said you checked it, but......who knows?<br />
<br />
BTW, hardly anyone uses NS 4.7 anymore. The majority of surfers use IE. I say screw NS. ;)<!--content-->grifter bud, I can't believe you just said that. <sarcasm>nobody uses the greatest browser made today?</sarcasm> :D:D<br />
<br />
well although it maybe a bad browser there are still quite a few people that use it. and although I don't have NS loaded here at work, it looks centered to me in IE6. I see you have center in a div, but try center in the table cell. also remember it is centering to the bottom frame not the top.<!--content-->Im at school right now, and these computers arnt to slow, 677 mhz but guess what great browser there using??? Netscape 4.7, it supports absolutely nothing, but luckily it also has IE.<!--content-->ok in the read.html file clear at the bottom where you have << Web Design >> . make the border=3 and then you tell me why it is not centered. in NS that is.<!--content-->Keep in mind, whenever you are having problems with tablized layouts, always use a border. <br />
<br />
The problem is the left cell has a width of 122 but the right cell width is not explicitly defined, Netscape does not like that. Add the proper cell width (527) to the right cell and the text will fall into place.<br />
<br />
Kevin<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
grifter bud, I can't believe you just said that. <sarcasm>nobody uses the greatest browser made today?</sarcasm> :D:D<br />
<br />
well although it maybe a bad browser there are still quite a few people that use it. and although I don't have NS loaded here at work, it looks centered to me in IE6. I see you have center in a div, but try center in the table cell. also remember it is centering to the bottom frame not the top. <br />
<br />
You're right. But, President Lincoln once said, "You can please some of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."<br />
<br />
Granted, it would be nice to build something that would work on every platform.....but, we all have to give a little.<br />
<br />
Live by this quote and you'll be just fine.<!--content-->Originally posted by kevin <br />
Keep in mind, whenever you are having problems with tablized layouts, always use a border. <br />
<br />
The problem is the left cell has a width of 122 but the right cell width is not explicitly defined, Netscape does not like that. Add the proper cell width (527) to the right cell and the text will fall into place.<br />
<br />
Kevin <br />
well also kevin, the table doesn't even go 100% and you don't even need the first cell, in my opinion.<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
<br />
well also kevin, the table doesn't even go 100% and you don't even need the first cell, in my opinion. <br />
<br />
You're right scoutt, but I am only solving the immeadiate problem and explaining why the text would not center relative to the table above it. We each have our own style of coding pages so its 12 of one a dozen of the other, in the end they are the same. <br />
<br />
Kevin<!--content-->

Back