Any Alternative to Input Type="Submit"?

liunx

I used the following code to have users submit a client-side form via e-mail:<br />
<br />
input type="submit"<br />
<br />
However, during beta tests one user tried sending the form from their office without success. An e-mail was sent but without the .ATT attachment that contains the form's data.<br />
<br />
Is there a more robust client-side code to use to e-mail forms?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Bill B.<!--content--><form action="" onsubmit="this.action='mailto:[email protected]&subject='+this.subject.value+'&body='+this.message.value"><br />
<br />
Assuming that above you have two fields in the same form:<br />
<br />
<input type='text' name='subject'><br />
<input type='text' name='message'><!--content-->Jona,<br />
<br />
The form being sent is huge: many spaces where entries need to be made. If I'm understanding your comment correctly, I would need something like<br />
<br />
'+this.subject.value+'&body='+this.message.value"> <br />
<br />
for each line item. That would be unacceptably difficult, given the complexity of the form.<br />
<br />
Is the input type="submit" code known to have problems that your suggested code solves? Are there any other alternatives that would be more practical for such a complex form?<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<br />
Bill B.<!--content-->Oh.... In that case, you'll have to use an attachment. And, unfortunately, all I know is that one of the users did not receive the attachement. Therefore, I am unsure what the actual problem could be.<br />
<br />
Sorry.<!--content-->Client-side is never robust. Why don't you go with server-side instead?<!--content-->

Back