Anti aliasing and fonts

liunx

Is there an option to disable anti aliasing through html?<br />
<br />
I would like to use verdana, without AA<br />
<br />
like this site does <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.k10k.net/">http://www.k10k.net/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
yet when I use it in golive, and preview the site it always uses anti aliasing which makes everything look horribly blurry?br />
<br />
<br />
Any ideas? Thanks in advance<!--content-->I don't think you can, sorry.<!--content-->I suspect the reason their fonts look comparitively clean is the styles they're using. Certainly their CSS is based around the font-family of geneva, verdana, arial, sans-serif and font-sizes of 9 or 10px (note px not pt) with line heights or 12 or 13px. Try variations><div class="posttop"><div class="username">Option1</div><div class="date">11-19-2002, 02:16 AM</div></div><div class="posttext">A couple of things:<br />
<br />
1. Have you ever had your monitor calibrated? Your images don't look and never have looked red or purple to me, including on the screenshots I took of them originally.<br />
<br />
2. You do realize that black is #000000 not 1b1b1b or 171717 don't you? <br />
<br />
Had to ask, because I think you're stressing over things that you can't control. Things will always look different on other monitors. Some people run 256 colors (not many hopefully anymore) some run 16 bit, some 24bit some 32 bit and some probably something different. You will NEVER be able to control exactly how things display on different monitors.<br />
<br />
Given how hard that text is to read on a black(ish) background (no it's nothing to do with antialiasing, it's a whole lot to do with beige on blackish) I find it a little amusing that you're worrying about the things you are.<br />
<br />
I understand a desire to get it right and being @n@l about things isn't necessarily bad, but you have to realize some things are beyond your control - including how people's monitors are set up. Even if your monitor has been calibrated and renders colors as perfectly as technologically possible, there's no way on this little blue-green planet that many of your users will render the same way.<br />
<br />
Neil<!--content-->

Back