Almost (if not) impossible thing to do

windows

I am trying to do something very very difficult.<br />
Yes, I would say impossible, but my limited knowledge just won't allow me to do that.<br />
<br />
Hmm, well, lets make one thing clear: I-DO-NOT-KNOW-ANY-SERVER-SIDE-LANGUAGE. Okay, now let's procced:<br />
<br />
I have a site. We take pictures of parties. We upload the pictures to our site. People click on the thumbnail pic. A new window (with the pic's size) pops up. People see the pictures. And I have a problem.<br />
<br />
I am trying to make it so below every picture there will be a little cute form, with a few really easy to fill up fields, so people can email the picture they are seeing to somebody else. I DONT WANT TO MAKE ONE PAGE PER PICTURE. Do I have a problem?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<!--content-->Yep, I think you do.<!--content-->:rofl:<br />
Thanks then. ;)<!--content-->But you are in the wrong forum. Try moving the post to serverside programming, there you might get a better response. I would try to help but it isn't really my area of expertise.<!--content-->well I would have to agree. if you want to send the pic to an email somebody enters you will need serverside code for that.<br />
<br />
yup I have to agree you have a problem :D<!--content-->entimp<br />
Well, if it's in the wrong forum, you have my excuses. :o I just thought it could be here since I wasn't thinking about server-side languages, and didn't even want server-side languages, since my site in not in any server-side language, i do not know anything server-side, and i just woudnt know how to operate it. ;)<br />
<br />
scoutt<br />
Hmm, I guess I'll just have to learn something like php then. ;)<!--content-->You said you knew no server side stuff... not that you were not prepared to learn any or use some ideas that are server side based. You don't have to learn a full language to use one or two aspects.<!--content-->no body mentioned using a simple HTML generated email.<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"mailto:[email protected]?subject=mypicture&message=come look at this picture... <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mywebsite.com/picture1.jpg">www.mywebsite.com/picture1.jpg</a><!-- w -->"><br />
<br />
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE CAMPERS<!--content-->ummm I thought that but it doesn't do any good if the user doesn't have html email turned on or a email program that can even handle html email. also not everybody can do that as it is browser specific and email program specific. so yeah it could be impossible that way.<!--content-->this: I DONT WANT TO MAKE ONE PAGE PER PICTURE. Do I have a problem? <br />
<br />
<br />
almost certanly requires the use of server side stuff. <br />
<br />
Granted you could pass in the name of the pic to a function, and have it spawn a pop up, document.write in the link, with the mailto: attribute present...<br />
<br />
Its easier in server side, and harder in client side... though I think fairly achievable. Your also going to run into the problems Scoutt mentioned (with the client side solution). If the user has a browser based email system (hotmail, yahoo) which is not linked into thier OS email client (outlook) then the whole operation will fail. <br />
<br />
food for thought. Besides, even though you don't know server side stuff, its always good to know all of the options.<!--content-->

Back