alexa increased with in a day from 10000 to 35000

arsalan_kashi

Hi friends,
I have one website called intvlive.com,last week my alexa seems 10000 in india now it seems 35000,how its changed within a week,i got confused,can anyone help me out from this. keep on my alexa increasing not decreasing.but i have good visitors traffic then what is the problem of alexa. alexa ranking works on daily traffic. If for one week, you are getting huge visitors then it will increase but if you have not got traffic in second week , it will decrease rapidly. If your Alexa ranking increased in a day from 10000 to 35000 it shows that you lost about 2/3 of your visitors and its not good at all. You should analyze the reason of it. Its very strange that you have lost a lot of your visitors in a short period.
If you received most of your traffic from search engines and specially Google, Its scaring. Maybe Google penalized your website and your ranking in SERP has been decreased a lot.
Please note that i said its scaring IF you lost your traffic from Google not in any other cases. Quote: Originally Posted by highseo Maybe Google penalized your website ... The only Google penalty is banishment from the SERPs.

__________________ Quote: Originally Posted by victor1 Hi friends,
I have one website called intvlive.com,last week my alexa seems 10000 in india now it seems 35000,how its changed within a week,i got confused,can anyone help me out from this. keep on my alexa increasing not decreasing.but i have good visitors traffic then what is the problem of alexa. My guess is that the level of traffic in India, in comparison to worldwide, is pretty small and so any small deviation in Indian traffic will result in large changes in your India Alexa ranking. I just looked at the Alexa ranking on your site and it's ~180,000 for the past month and for the past 3 months so your worldwide traffic is stable so I wouldn't worry so much about short term trends. Alexa only shows your ranking on daily basis if you are doing your hard efforts for increasing your alexa ranking but unfortunately if you loosing your performence day by day so it will immediately effect on your ranking so keep working to get high ranking on Alexa. Quote: Originally Posted by dataminerz ... keep working to get high ranking on Alexa. How does one "work hard" to get his visitors to install the Alexa Tool Bar before visiting his site, so as to have their traffic count?

__________________ Don't worry much about alexa rank.
That is not exact.
Just keep on building traffic through SEO or what ever method. If I were you I would not worry about alexa rank because that has nothing to do with actual traffic. It is just a number based on how many people go to your site that have the alexa toolbar installed. Quote: Originally Posted by webspider20 If I were you I would not worry about alexa rank because that has nothing to do with actual traffic. It is just a number based on how many people go to your site that have the alexa toolbar installed. So, you are saying that, if one has the Alexa Tool Bar installed, his visits do not constitute traffic?

__________________ I'm not taking Alexa seriously anymore !
Their complete ranking system is a joke imo !
I've been getting 200 more visitors for the past few days, and my ranking didn't get any better, it got worse !
Hi Friends,
I am neha raj i am very confused how to i can give rank any website in top 10 and how to can give more traffic in Google and other"s search engines if any body have any good idea to do this please help me

Thanks Quote: Originally Posted by deutsched I'm not taking Alexa seriously anymore !
Their complete ranking system is a joke imo !
I've been getting 200 more visitors for the past few days, and my ranking didn't get any better, it got worse ! 200/day is a trivial number compared to many other sites; and, the rankings are relative to other sites.

__________________ Quote: Originally Posted by deepsand 200/day is a trivial number compared to many other sites; and, the rankings are relative to other sites.

__________________ I know that, but my site is already ranking in the 3 million range (it just launched less than a month ago), so 200 extra views should be something when compared to the sites within that range ! Without seeing hard data for the site in question, as well as that of other similar sites, it is impossible to do more than speculate. I would, however, observe that 1) 200/3000000 = 0.007%, 2 ) short term fluctuations do not for long term trends make, and 3) the lag time between data collection and publishing is unknown.

As with any metrics system, the primary focus should be on ones actual results, rather than on the evaluations of such by others.

__________________ deepsand, when I said 3 million, I meant that I ranked number 3,246,000 amongst websites on alexa (in the 3 million range)
Your 2 other points are extremely relevant though, so I might wait for a few days and check again

Thanks Quote: Originally Posted by deutsched deepsand, when I said 3 million, I meant that I ranked number 3,246,000 amongst websites on alexa (in the 3 million range) Which is what I presumed that you meant.

What I obviously failed to adequately explain was that, if one spread a change of 200 visits/day over 3 million sites, that would amount to but a very small fraction of a visitor/day.

Looked at from such perspective, it should not be expected that such a small change in traffic, in either direction, be sufficiently significant so as to be immediately noticeable in the metrics.

__________________ Alexa ranking is based on the website traffic, it ranking change frequently and if you getting good traffic, you should not worry about alexa ranking.