Alarm Receiver and Android Manifest

shlane

I've found several tutorials about setting the alarm receiver to send a toast message in set intervals. and i've been following the code and broken down my own project into 3 classes. the HelloDroidActivity.java is:\[code\]package com.example.helloandroid;import java.util.Calendar;import android.app.Activity;import android.app.AlarmManager;import android.app.PendingIntent;import android.content.Context;import android.content.Intent;import android.os.Bundle;import android.util.Log;import android.widget.TextView;import android.widget.Toast;import com.example.helloandroid.alarms.MyAlarmReciever;public class HelloDroidActivity extends Activity {/** Called when the activity is first created. */public static int RTC_WAKEUP;public static long INTERVAL_FIFTEEN_MINUTES;private AlarmManager alarmMgr;@Overridepublic void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) { super.onCreate(savedInstanceState); TextView tv = new TextView(this); tv.setText("Hello, Krishneel"); setContentView(tv); Toast.makeText(this, "Alarm went off", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show(); Log.d("OnCreate", "abcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcd"); Log.e("OnCreate", "abcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcd"); alarmMgr = (AlarmManager) getSystemService(Context.ALARM_SERVICE); Intent intent = new Intent(this, MyAlarmReciever.class); PendingIntent pendingIntent = PendingIntent.getBroadcast(this, 0, intent, PendingIntent.FLAG_UPDATE_CURRENT); Calendar calendar = Calendar.getInstance(); calendar.setTimeInMillis(System.currentTimeMillis()); calendar.add(Calendar.SECOND, 5); alarmMgr.setRepeating(AlarmManager.RTC_WAKEUP, calendar.getTimeInMillis(), 7000, pendingIntent);}}\[/code\]also the MyAlarmReciever.java(i am already aware of the spelling mistake on the name):\[code\]package com.example.helloandroid.alarms;import android.content.BroadcastReceiver;import android.content.Context;import android.content.Intent;import android.util.Log;import android.widget.Toast;public class MyAlarmReciever extends BroadcastReceiver {@Overridepublic void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) { // TODO Auto-generated method stub Log.e("onReceive", "ladskjflsakjdflskjdflskjdfslkjdflasdf"); Toast.makeText(context, "OnReceive alarm test", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();}\[/code\]}and the Android Manifest which looks like this : \[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.example.helloandroid" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0" > <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="7" /> <application android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher" android:label="@string/app_name" > <activity android:name="com.example.helloandroid.HelloDroidActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" > <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> </activity> <receiver android:name="AlarmReceiver"> <intent-filter> <action android:name="com.example.helloandroid.alarms" /> </intent-filter> </receiver> </application></manifest>\[/code\]I have read that in order to get the project to receive my alarmReceiver java class I need to edit the manifest with a new receiver. but I'm fairly new to XML and dont know which direction to take.

Back