Ajax and JSON response bug in Internet Explorer (works in all other browsers)

yomilmg

For some reason IE is asking us to download a file instead of running it as ajax. This works in all browsers except IE. I tried messing with the headers that it returns with no luck. The function grabs form data then post's it the response is a can be an array of any number of items to be updated on the page. Its not suppose to be file its suppose to be just a json response.PHP\[code\]header('Content-type: application/json');$error = "The Email and Password you entered could not be resolved.";$elements[0]['target'] = '.error_report';$elements[0]['action'] = 'inside';$elements[0]['data'] = '<p>'.$error.'</p>';$this->output->set_output( json_encode(array("elements" => $elements)));\[/code\]Javascript\[code\]$(document).ready(function () { jQuery.ajaxSetup({ cache: false, dataType: 'json', error: function () { alert("Request was not successful. Please try again shortly."); } }); $(document).ajaxSuccess(function (e, xhr, settings) { var response = xhr.responseText; if (settings.dataType != 'json') { return; }; try { response = jQuery.parseJSON(response); } catch (e) { alert(e); return; } if (response.elements instanceof Array) { var reqs = ['target', 'action']; var valid = true; for (var i=0;i<response.elements.length;i++) { var cur = response.elements; var sel; for (var j=0;j<reqs.length;j++) { if (typeof cur[reqs[j]] !== "string") { valid = false; break; }; }; if (!valid) { continue; }; sel = $(cur.target); switch (cur.action) { case "inside": sel.html(cur.data); break; case "instead": sel.replaceWith(cur.data); break; case "remove": sel.remove(); break; case "refreshPage": window.location.reload(); default: if (typeof sel[cur.action] === "function") { sel[cur.action](cur.data); }; // else continue break; }; }; }; // Dispatch the AJAX request, and save it to the data object so that // is can be referenced and cancelled if need be. self.data('ajaxify.xhr', jQuery.ajax({ url: this.action, type: 'post', dataType: options.dataType, data: (beforeSubmitIsJquery ? beforeSubmitResult.serialize() : self.serialize()), success: function (/**/) { cleanup(); options.onSuccess.apply(that, arguments); }, error: function (/**/) { cleanup(); options.onError.apply(that, arguments); }, complete: function (/**/) { options.onComplete.apply(that, arguments); } }));\[/code\]