Advantages of XML DataType in SQL Server 2005

sixcwhj

I was trying to understand the basic advantage of using XML DataType in SQL Server 2005. I underwent the article here, saying that in case you want to delete multiple records. Serialize the XMl, send it in Database and using below query you can delete it..
vlhIK.png
I was curious to look into any other advantage of using this DataType...EDITReasons for Storing XML Data in SQL Server 2005Here are some reasons for using native XML features in SQL Server 2005 as opposed to managing your XML data in the file system:[*]You want to use administrative functionality of the database server for managing your XML data (for example, backup, recovery and replication).My Understanding - Can you share some knowledge over it to make it clear? [*]You want to share, query, and modify your XML data in an efficient and transacted way. Fine-grained data access is important to your application. For example, you may want to insert a new section without replacing your whole document.My Understanding - XML is in specific column row, In order to add new section in this row's cell, Update is required, so whole document will be updated. Right? [*]You want the server to guarantee well-formed data, and optionally validate your data according to XML schemas.My Understanding - Can you share some knowledge over it to make it clear?[*]You want indexing of XML data for efficient query processing and good scalability, and the use a first-rate query optimizer.My Understanding - Same can be done by adding individual columns. Then why XML column?

Back