Adobe Flex ItemRenderer: Accessing Parent's XMLList Data

searhing

I'm currently creating an application in Adobe Flex that takes data from my database and stores it in an XMLList. I then use this data in a loop to put markers on a Google Map (Yes I know it's depreciated) with custom icons. When I click a marker it opens an infoWindow with custom data. This works so far, but I need a better looking infoWindow with images etc. If I want to access, say, the name field from my database I use \[code\]businessList.name\[/code\]. Inside the command that opens a new infoWindow I have another mxml file which contains a List inside VGroup tags. See the code below:\[code\]Marker(e.currentTarget).openInfoWindow(new InfoWindowOptions({width: infoWindow.width, height: infoWindow.height, drawDefaultFrame: true, customContent: infoWindow}}));\[/code\]Inside that List (in \[code\]infoWindow.mxml\[/code\]) I am calling an ItemRenderer which is in another separate mxml file. Inside that ItemRenderer I plan to write everything that will appear in the infoWindow. My first problem is that I cannot access the data from my XMLList.In the ItemRenderer file I have imported \[code\]mx.events.FlexEvent;\[/code\] hoping that it would pass on the data from the result that arrived in the parent.Does anybody have any idea on how I do this?

Back