admin page

liunx

Been a long time since I worked on making a site, but recent developments have peaked my interest again, but theres one thing I'd like to learn about.<br />
<br />
What I'm looking for is like an admin page of sorts. I'd like to be able to update info on the site without needing to edit the raw code everytime, so hopefully to use a form on this 'admin page'. Like a big textbox, that when I hit 'done' or 'submit' or whatever I name the button, it will auto-post it to the top of the main page, like news updates.<br />
<br />
If you could hold my hand and point me in the right direction to learn about this, I would really appreciate it.<!--content-->What you need will be a content management system which you will need a server side language and a database. What kind of Server side languages does your host support.<!--content-->I dont know if this is the answer you're looking for, but the site that is already hosted there (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.westernpaintball.com">www.westernpaintball.com</a><!-- w -->) uses XML and SQL.. I'm sure there are others, but unsure what exactly.<br />
<br />
It is my work server, and they said I could host my site there..but the last time I actively worked on sites was christ, almost 10 years ago. So I feel a bit old and dumb right now.. heh, out of the loop for 10 years.. lol<!--content-->Well you would use Mysql for the database probably and php but it could be implemented in many different languages such as asp,asp.net,cgi and more.<!--content-->

Back