Adds Thread Date/Time Started to lists of Threads (Plus Links to others like it)

JonDS

The Mod is in two parts

PHP file part
=========

FTP (download) the file forums/includes/functions_forumdisplay.php

Find the string
PHP:
// thread last reply date/time
it will be around line 187

Before this line insert the following block

PHP:
// BEGIN 2008-06-11 vb 3.7.1 MOD - Show Thread Start Date and Time by RogerPf
// thread first reply date/time
$thread['firstpostdate'] = vbdate($vbulletin->options['dateformat'], $thread['dateline'], true);
$thread['firstposttime'] = vbdate($vbulletin->options['timeformat'], $thread['dateline']);
// END 2008-06-11 vb 3.7.1 MOD - Show Thread Start Date and Time by RogerPf

Save the file and FTP it back

Template Edit
===========

Edit your - Your Template - Threadbit Templates - threadbit

Do a Find on the string

PHP:
_self')">$thread[postusername]</span>

Insert following between that string and the </if> that comes next

PHP:
<span class="time"><i>&nbsp;started: </i>$thread[firstpostdate]<if condition="!$show['detailedtime']"> $thread[firstposttime] </if></span>

Click Save and you are done

Additionally you can also add this line to the threadbit_deleted template to show the same info for deleted threads, but who spends time looking at deleted threads.

The mod is not supported but I would be delighted if it was absorbed into the standard offering or taken up by anyone else and supported.

The mod may to be 100% efficient as it could be but it does follow the current date manipulation approach that I see in 3.7.1.

I have (unlike the WetCanvas version) included the text started: in the .time format span. Yes the date is included in the .time format span believe me this is REALLY the way you want it to look.

Enjoy.

Edit time - I have just seen another mod that does this -

Thread Started By Date & Username - vBulletin.org Forum

Oh and here is another -

Threadbit's Dateline - vBulletin.org Forum