Adding up numbers on an html page

liunx

The page I have to produce currently I enter in the different fees and it produces this html page. I then up load it on to the server. I would like it to consolidate the entry fees if the membership number is the same, delete the total for the second/third (however many there maybe) and consolidate them on the first line of that persons name in the total field. I have asked how to do this but have not had any success. If it would help to view the page it is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="Http://www.rodeoentries.net/reports/auto/11feesheet.html">Http://www.rodeoentries.net/reports/aut ... sheet.html</a><!-- m --> Thank you in advance for any help you can give me... TM<!--content-->I appologies for not being completely awaken,I can not make much sense what exactly is it that you need..please explain a bit more<!--content-->I have an html report that has a table with:<br />
membership number, name, event, entry fee, misc fee etc.., then a total of that row. If a member is in two or three events it totals each row nicely however, I would like it to roll the Total column up into one total if the membership number = the membership number. Then if it is rolled up the additional rows under the total that matched would be blank.<br />
Currrently looks like this:<br />
1295 First Last 3 $35.00 $2.00 $2.00 $5.00 $44.00<br />
1295 First Last 2 $45.00 $2.00 $2.00 $49.00<br />
ect..<br />
<br />
Would like it to look like this:<br />
1295 First Last 3 $35.00 $2.00 $2.00 $5.00 $93.00<br />
1295 First Last 2 $45.00 $2.00 $2.00 <br />
<br />
I wanted to add code to the page to do this not do it manually. Any help is appreciated. Sorry if it was or is confusing. TM<!--content-->Short answer: You can't do it with HTML. You'll need server side script (cgi/asp/php) or javascript.<!--content-->

Back