Adding selected attribute to group_concat output in Codeigniter/MYSQL

akbkfljekaj

I am outputing a simple list of options from dynamic select menus using Codeigniter/MYSQL.CONTROLLER\[code\] $data['get_custom_fields'] = $this->db->query(" SELECT a.custom_field_name, a.custom_field_id, GROUP_CONCAT('<option name=\"',c.custom_field_value_id, '\" value=http://stackoverflow.com/"', c.custom_field_value_id , '\">',c.custom_field_value_name , '</option>' ORDER BY c.custom_field_value_id ASC SEPARATOR ' ') as field_values FROM projects_custom_fields a JOIN projects_custom_fields_values c ON c.custom_field_id = a.custom_field_id GROUP BY a.custom_field_id ORDER BY c.custom_field_id ASC ");\[/code\]VIEW PAGE\[code\]<?php if($get_custom_fields->result_array()) { ?><?php foreach($get_custom_fields->result_array() as $fRow): ?><tr> <td><label>Select <?php echo $fRow['custom_field_name']; ?></label></td> <td><select name="custom_field_<?php echo $fRow['custom_field_id']; ?>"> <?php echo $fRow['field_values']; ?> </select> </td></tr><?php endforeach; ?><?php } ?>\[/code\]This works amazingly well until I want to add the html \[code\]selected\[/code\] attribute to certain options that are pulled from another table.\[code\] $data['get_custom_reg'] = $this->db->query(" SELECT custom_field_id, custom_field_value_id FROM projects_custom_fields_reg WHERE project_id = $project_id ");\[/code\]Myself and another experienced programmer have been playing with a few ways to achieve this.Using an array with a counter (this worked great but we couldn't increment the counter within the query) coupled with an IF statementOur fallback option is to get rid of the single MYSQL query using GROUP_CONCAT and using multiple database calls and several PHP statements to output the code.All help would be greatly appreciated as we have really hit a brick wall.ThanksTim

Back