adding movie to page

liunx

I am wondering what the code is to add a .mpg movie to a webpage to play on the site instead of Download <!--more-->ing it and also would like to know how to pre-load the movies for each page! Thanks in advanced!<!--content-->Are you trying to play the movie within the page? I have done it so that the video (*.mov in my case) is linked with Javascript and will open in a predetermined size window in the center of the viewer's screen. You should be able to treat a *.mpg the same way as any other link I would think. It would, in large part, depend on whether the site viewer had their setting set to open or Download <!--more--> a *.mpg when clicked on.<br />
<br />
Perhaps I am totally wrong...<br />
<br />
Good Luck!<br />
<br />
~Susie<!--content-->Preloading movies for each page:<br />
<br />
Um... It'll take a long time to load the first page the first time, but this will work. You can embed the movies on the first page and make them hidden. The movies will be stored in the cache and so the movies will not be called from the page they are supposed to play, but from the user's cache because it'll already be Download <!--more-->ed. :) Make sure you don't forget to turn autoplay/autostart off.<br />
<br />
Note: I would let the user know you are loading the movies this way so they don't get angry and leave your site. Be humourous and tell them to go get a bowl of noodles to eat. :D<!--content-->

Back