Actual Pixel x Pixel page size

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I think I've seen this posted before, but I want to set my table to fit exactly in a browser if the resolution is set to 600x800. I know some accountabilty for size has to be given on how their toolbars and scroll bars are set. I think the width is 755, but I can't remember a hight.<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->best bet would be to set the width and height as 100%. that way it works in all sizes of browsers.<!--content-->I should have been a little more detailed, I need this for a single background picture that I'm working on.<!--content-->single background picture in the table? ot in the page background<!--content-->I was going to do one table, say 540x755 with a background image. I know there is a way of setting one image as the page background without tiling the image but I forgot how.<br />
<br />
Look at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/miketcarrigan/spider.html">www.geocities.com/miketcarrigan/spider.html</a><!-- w --> and you can see what I'm wanting to achive (but without the tiled picture). I want to make the web image as large as possible for a 600x800 resolution with out running over the edge.<!--content-->well you will have a few problems if you want it to be not tiled. first, NS doesn't support pictures in tables. it does but it will tile it no matter what you do. if you want a picture to not tile and it is a background then you have to make the picture the size of the users resolution. that means you have to make 3 different ones if you wanted to accomodate most used resolutions. that would mean you need a javascript to detect the users resolution and redirect them to the appropriate page.<br />
<br />
you could make it fixed in IE but only IE.<!--content-->I was just going to set the size for the most common, 600x800. I did not know that about Netscape (even though I'm not overly conserned about it).<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help.<!--content-->one thing to note. 800x600 has something like 55% of the market, closely followed by 1024x768 at something like 40%. <br />
<br />
That means if you design strictly for 800x600, your going to miss over 40% of the audience. Thats a lot of people.<!--content-->I understand what you are saying and generally I do design with everyone in mind, but this is a simple navagation page that uses a lot of DHTML to specify specific points, so I thought it would be easiest to do the "one size for the majority" kinda page, that still doesn't look to bad on the 1024x768.<!--content-->

Back