Again I need your help!<br />
<br />
I have this site in which I use frames:<br />
<br />
-------Header--------<br />
--Left--Main--Right--<br />
-------Footer---------<br />
<br />
In target Header I have a simple menu (head.htm) using <A Href>'s. Here's one example:<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"manual.htm" target="main" onMouseOver="window.status='Here you can find the manual'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=' '">Manual</a><br />
<br />
For one menu-item I want to open a manual in target Main and same time open a indexmenu in target Left.<br />
<br />
How can I, when opening the manual page in target Main also open the indexmenu in target Left?<br />
<br />
Thanx in advance<br />
Evert<!--content-->You need to create a new frame set document just like the current one but with different pages in each frame. Create a new frame set for each state of the site and then link to these frame sets. If you have a good number of links then you will want to generate these frame sets on the fly with a server side script.<!--content-->You can either use a Javascript function to amend the links rather than using a single A HREF, alternatively, use the ONLOAD event of each page to load the next page.<!--content-->Originally posted by ggriffit <br />
You can either use a Javascript function to amend the links rather than using a single A HREF, alternatively, use the ONLOAD event of each page to load the next page. Bad, very bad. You'll end up with a site that doesn't work at all for the 13% of users who do not use JavaScript.<!--content-->Originally posted by Charles <br />
You need to create a new frame set document just like the current one but with different pages in each frame. Create a new frame set for each state of the site and then link to these frame sets. If you have a good number of links then you will want to generate these frame sets on the fly with a server side script. <br />
<br />
<br />
Charles,<br />
I understand what you are saying, but the last part about a server side script I do not understand. Can you give me more info?<br />
<br />
Thanx!<!--content-->You write a program that sits on the server. That program writes the frame set and returns it to the browser each time it is run. The server runs it when there is an HTTP request. Your link generates the HTTP request.<br />
<br />
The details of the program will depend upon the scripting language that yor server supports.<!--content-->Originally posted by Charles <br />
You write a program that sits on the server. That program writes the frame set and returns it to the browser each time it is run. The server runs it when there is an HTTP request. Your link generates the HTTP request.<br />
<br />
The details of the program will depend upon the scripting language that yor server supports. <br />
<br />
I'm sorry charles, but thats way over my head!!<br />
The menustructure isn't that large and is not mend to change a lot, so I will make different sets for each state of the side.<br />
<br />
Perhaps later I will be "good" enough to try it more advanced. Thanx anyway, cause I tested this solution for one state and it works (off course!)<!--content-->

Back