Achieve Vlingo app like user interface in my application?

haroldmoscow

I want to design a UI in which i will be displaying large amount of text content followed by a single button. User cam scroll down the text content but the button should remain at the bottom of the screen visible all the time. Vlingo application available at android market uses similar kind of UI as show in figure below:
hATmZ.png
SdSj1.png
I have tried putting the text content in a scrollView and button outside scrollView but doing this the button cutts off the screen. Here is XML layout i tried:\[code\]<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"android:orientation="vertical"android:layout_width="fill_parent"android:layout_height="wrap_content"><ScrollViewandroid:layout_width="match_parent"android:layout_height="match_parent"android:background="@drawable/background" > <RelativeLayout android:id="@+id/relativeLayout1" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="300dp" > <TextView android:id="@+id/txtMsgHd" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" android:layout_alignParentTop="true" android:layout_marginLeft="10dp" android:layout_marginTop="20dp" android:text="@string/message" android:layout_marginRight="10dp" android:textAppearance="?android:attr/textAppearanceLarge" /> <TextView android:id="@+id/txtMsg1" android:layout_marginLeft="10dp" android:layout_marginRight="10dp" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_below="@+id/txtMsgHd" android:text="@string/main_ex_msg1" /> </RelativeLayout> </ScrollView> <RelativeLayout android:id="@+id/relativeLayout2" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" > <Button android:id="@+id/btnSpeak" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" android:layout_alignParentTop="true" android:text="@string/speak_now" /> </RelativeLayout>\[/code\]

Back