Accessing kd Debugger via php

NeateAnceptex

I work at a small computer shop, and we have to analyze windows minidumps all the time. My idea was to install the Windows Debugging Tools on a windows PC and use apache/PHP as an interface to it. That way I could just set up an HTML upload form that would accept the minidump file, run it through KD, then spit out the output.It nearly works. I created a special user just for apache so I could assign it write privaleges to C:\symbols, and I use the following code: \[code\]<?php$kdScript = "\"\\Program Files\\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\\kd.exe\" -c \"!analyze -v;Q\" -y srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols -z ";$kdScript .= $_FILES["myFile"]["tmp_name"];$output = `$kdScript`;print("<pre>$output</pre>");?>\[/code\]The problem I'm having is that the symbols are not downloaded as they should be. I've verified apache is running as the user I think it is by calling "whoami" from inside backticks. I've verified that I can run the windows version of wget from within backticks, so I have access to the network. I can file_put_contents() into a new file under C:\symbols, so I have file creation permissions.Also, I tried having PHP simply output the command to the browser so I could copy and paste it into a terminal. I was able to run a command prompt as my apache user via "runas", paste the command from PHP's output into the prompt, and it worked as expected, downloading all the symbols it needed to C:\symbols. Of course, I had to point it to a dump file NOT in the PHP temp directory, but this shouldn't make a difference.What could be the problem? Just as a side note, all of this is local on a trusted pc in a company that has a total of 3 employees/owners. Security for this project is irrelavent.

Back