Accessing different databases through XML

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,I am a bit new to XML. I was wondering about a problem of server-databaseinteraction. My problem goes like this:Say, I have two databases - Microsoft SQL (say, on Host1) and Oracle 8i (onHost2) and the hosts are distributed. I am thinking of exchanging the datathrough an XML document.Now, Host1 needs to access data from Host2(i.e., from Oracle 8i) and storethat data into it's local database (i.e., SQL). In this case, Host1 is actingas client and the server has to withdraw data from Host2's database.This needs client-side processing too I guess.My question is how do I do this. I have gone through some books and I sensethat I need to use DOM or SAX parser on the server side so that I don't haveto write database-specific queries to query or insert data into the database.Is that right? Also, is there anything else I need to use on the server-side?I just don't get the big or the small picture of proceeding further.How do I go from here? If anybody has any idea, please let me know.Thanks in advance.-Latha

Back