Access and update attribute value in XML using XPath and PHP

affislepe

this is an extension to my previous post today which can be found here: Click HereNow I want to access another attribute based upon the id attribute and change that as well. Here is my modified xml file:\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><document> <item id="a12sd"> <name>James</name> <age years="25"/> <pdf>0023.pdf</pdf> </item> <item id="rdf23"> <name>Alex</name> <age years="35"/> <pdf>0178.pdf</pdf> </item> <item id="2we34"> <name>Tom</name> <age years="25"/> <pdf>0886.pdf</pdf> </item> <item id="123de"> <name>Robby</name> <age years="28"/> <pdf>1239.pdf</pdf> </item></document> \[/code\]I have been able to update the tags using this code:\[code\]$id = "a12sd";$xml = simplexml_load_file('items.xml'); $itemsList = $xml->xpath('/document/item[@id = "a12sd"]'); $itemsList[0]->name = "Arnold";$xml->asXml("items.xml");\[/code\]Now I need to access the attribute age for the id="a12sd" and update the age to say: 26Any idea how I can reach that attribute for given id and change that value.Note: before changing the value the user knows only the "id" value, so based upon id value I want to change years attribute for that particular id.Thanks

Back