Absolute Position with BG images

I believe I've tried everything and I still can't figure out what's going on. I tried the background-repeat tag and it didn't seem to work. I want the background to be positioned so it blends with another picture, sort of like piecing together a puzzle. But it overlaps :(<br />
Anyway, if you don't know what I'm talking about you can look here (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/tepid_lies">http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/tepid_lies</a><!-- m -->)I also want it so there isn't a white bar at the bottom, I want it to repeat so it extends off the page. Nothing I try works though =\<!--content-->oh yeah and you're going to have to click on the "enter" button...and if you look at the background there's a tiny line where it overlaps.<!--content-->errrr.... I don't know where to start really!??!<br />
<br />
- You have no html tags or end-of-body tags<br />
- do you have an external css? 'cause your using <div id=content but I can't fond that anywhere in your source!??!<!--content-->I myself can hardly notice the line. You shouldnt worrry too much, cuz it is hardly visible.<br />
<br />
But if you are, I canthelp, I know how to place two images together, but not while its in the background like that<!--content-->for one it has waayyy to many popups. also the screen covers my whole screen and I can't navigate. it is way to big.<br />
<br />
<br />
so, what line are you talking about?? and I don't see any background image.<br />
<br />
plus you don't have any html tags to speak of.<!--content-->I asked for help, not *****ing, but thanks I figured it out<br />
<br />
and dude, like, you sound like a 13 year old, like, boy dude!<!--content-->ouch, thats gotta hurt. Theres probably personal prefrence in there so! Yea I would have agreed with you scout for a bit, but after awhile I even noticed the line. Like I said before its not very noticeable.<br />
<br />
But oh well, a person's opinion is a person's opinion in my opinion (I think I used opinion too many times in that)<!--content-->OMG, we almost posted at the same exact frickin time. <br />
<br />
Ahahahahaha, I laugh at myself :D :D :D :D<!--content-->it WAS personal opinion and it was harsh and uncalled for. I don't need your criticism, I only want your help. First, this is only a rough preview of what my site is going to be (hence no tags and using angelfire) if my site didn't have flaws why would I need help?<!--content-->In my opinion no website will be ever perfect. People are always trying new things and those new things keep presenting up new problems.<br />
<br />
The people with these problems come here for help. They expect help from the people signed up here and also the mods and other administrative staff. They wouldnt come here if they were just going to be beaten down wit words. If she wanted a rewview she probably could have go to Reviews not to HTML page layout. <br />
<br />
But opinion is opinion. And that is my two cents<!--content-->And my two cents isnt worth much in my opinion (jeeze, theres that stupid word again)<br />
<br />
<br />
.:chainsaw: <br />
<br />
bashing isnt liked. I myself, dont like being bash. :(<!--content-->you know, it may have been a little harsh and I appologize, but when I goto a site that takes over my screen it makes me mad. then you ask for help when half the code isn't even there. how do you expect any code to work when you piece it together. I don't mind helping, has you can see by my post count, but when a site has 3 or more popups then takes over my screen it makes me upset.<br />
<br />
now, for the fix. if I knew where the line was then I would have offered my help.<br />
<br />
also I have to move the popup all around just to see the page. and again I still don't see it.<br />
<br />
after looking at the code I still don't see what you changed. you have 2 body tags and an attrib text=white which is illegal. no opening or closing html or head tags. it will crash on browsers besides IE.<br />
<br />
oh and I sound like a 13 year old? heck I might be old enough to be your dad.<!--content-->I myself can understand your anger, but, I just felt it came off a little to harsch, she came here to make her site better, more userfriendly.<br />
All that anger from those popups just let loose.<br />
<br />
But,I see your standpoint<!--content-->I also want to add this.<br />
<br />
put this code in <br />
<br />
<META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no"><br />
<br />
This will take away a tool in IE6 that allows a graphic to be saved off the internet. This way, your graphic is saved,and the little grey box doesnt pop up, therefore keeping your page smooth looking <br />
<br />
For the pop ups you could use this code, though unethical, it will remove those ads<br />
<br />
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> <br />
<!-- <br />
function open() {return true;} <br />
//--> <br />
</SCRIPT><!--content-->I fixed the line, so everything is good. Also, the ads won't be there when I actually "put up the site". I have an ad-free site but I'm waiting to put up the layout, because I always make my layouts earlier than I put them up. I just preview them with ad sites. And the site was made for an 1024x768 resolution.<br />
<br />
and I accept your apology, scout, it's nice that you were a person enough to do that. Most wouldn't.<!--content-->hmmm... I love reading these threads sometimes. Glad to see we are all still firends ;) Anyway not sure if this is what you need but if you want to fix the position of a background image try this.<br />
<br />
<head><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
body {background-image: url(/images/lipswwhite300.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 56px 80px; background-color: #ff9933;}<br />
</style><br />
</head><br />
<br />
If you know a little CSS you can get this to work within just about any element, tables, spans etc. The first number is always the horizontal variable.<br />
<br />
Is that any help?<!--content-->Yes I know CCS and that helped<br />
thank you =D<!--content-->

Back