About layer Left and Top properties,...

liunx

If I specify a value of 100% for a layer, that will move the layer past the right edge of the window. Now If I specify 0% It will move the layer to the very left egde od the document. Why does it move the layer the left edge of the document instead of the window edge like 100% would do? The same goes for the Top property. What is the percentage of? The window od the document? Make sure the document is bigger than the window so you can scroll to see what I mean.<!--content-->not sure what your ramboling about but everything starts form the top left corner or the browser window.<!--content-->Using a percentage for top and left are unreliable at best. The percentage represents a percentage of the height and width of the parent element. As not all browsers do the calculation the same, or decide who the parent is the same or apply the default auto under the same circumstances, it is unpredictable.<br />
<br />
IMHO it is a bad design technique that guarantees nothing but future problems. It is better to apply offsets in pixels.<!--content-->

Back