about frontpage 1.0--2002

liunx

how many pople on this forum uses micro soft frontpage products?<!--content-->i use notepad only.<!--content-->In my book, FP is a serious "no, no"...<!--content-->I used it one time to see what It was like and I never used it again. It horrid no freedom for the coder and it allows newbies to stay newbies because they never have to learn a speck of code. That program needs to be deleted! By everyone! At the same time!!!!<!--content-->Originally posted by iggypop <br />
i use notepad only. <br />
Same here! Notepad is the most powerful, expandable HTML editor out there! Well, it has a file size limit of like half a meg, but your pages shouldn't be that big anyway.<!--content-->actually I use dreamweaver as well as notepad. Notepad alone will not cut it when you are doing hard codeing I think because you will probably make a lot of little syntax errors that can throw a whole application off and theyn you cant find them. But with dreamweaver you get intellitext and that can really help you see where you left off a ' " } > etc etc.<!--content-->when i have a lot of pages to make i use ultraedit sometimes...<!--content-->I said newbies use it, that is not saying all users of it are newbies but that is the first thing newbies go for generally. They ask where can I buy a copy of front page. Also they do not use the html view. They use the design view and the wizards and the templates and can affectivly make a site without touching very much code at all which is not good for them, it does not help them. The only thing I dont like about the standard html view of frontpage is it always assumes you are doing standard html, what if you wanted to do some php or asp or something?<!--content-->Hahaha thats true, Word has that dumb little wizard too. Yea frontpage is definatly better then word. You should get a copy of dreamweaver dave. I think you would like it.<!--content-->actually I got my std slogan thing from a cominc strip where some boys made a club called the super terrific dudes and said we will call it stds for short and they told some girls that they were stds and the girls ran away lol. But I don't dislike microsoft products for the most part. I prefer dreamweaver to frontpage. I prefer word-perfect to word. But I like microsoft stuff for the most part.<!--content-->

Back