A Tag Problems

admin

Administrator
Staff member
It's a bit hard to describe this problem so I zipped the two files. On the parts.htm I linked to the dealer.htm page (which is in an IFRAME. Anways I used the A tag with an ID to link to it from the parts page. (Example: clicking cruisers scrolls to the cruiser part of the page and sports etc) Anwyays it works fine in Explorer, however in Netscape it scrolls to the A tag before it. <br />
<br />
I hope how I explained it made sense. I linked the files below and I appriciate any effort in helping a new comer out.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Joe<!--content-->Originally posted by SlayersOtaku <br />
Anways I used the A tag with an ID to link to it from the parts page. (Example: clicking cruisers scrolls to the cruiser part of the page and sports etc) Anwyays it works fine in Explorer, however in Netscape it scrolls to the A tag before it. <br />
Thanks,<br />
Joe <br />
You can use the "name tag" together with the "id tag" in one link.<br />
<a name="sport"id="sport">Sport</a><br />
Don't forget. You need a target link to point to.<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"#sport">sport</a><!--content-->Adding name tags didnt do anything. What's really weird is clicking the links from bottom to top the tags work, however top to bottom they dont.:confused:<!--content-->Originally posted by SlayersOtaku <br />
Adding name tags didnt do anything. What's really weird is clicking the links from bottom to top the tags work, however top to bottom they dont.:confused: <br />
The page may not be long enough to fill the screen to allow it to come to the top. Add some spaces between the sections and see what happens.<!--content-->Acually I was being tricky with this page. The dealers page has the tables side by side. So instead of scrolling up and down its left to right. If you open the zip I provided you can get a far better understand of what the situation is.<!--content-->

Back