A question about forms and tables

liunx

I was hoping someone out there might know the answer to this problem. When I have a form with several text fields and each text field is in a different table window, do I need to put "form" "/form" tags in each window or is there somewhere I can put it once to cover the whole thing. I ask this because I've been having problems when I just try to put it at the top of the tables or before the first "input" because my HTML editor keeps asking for a "/form" tag in the same table window. I hope I explained that right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.<!--content-->Hi xray,<br />
<br />
You need to make sure the <form> tags are outside of the <table> tags i.e.<br />
<br />
<form><br />
<table><br />
<tr><td>blah</td></tr><br />
</table><br />
</form><br />
<br />
I guess by table <b>window</b> you mean table <b>cell</b>. If so, then by doing the above every cell in the table will be treated as part of the form.<br />
<br />
I hope that helps. If not, post some of your code and we'll try to help you further.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Goldi<!--content-->Really it does not matter where the beginning form tag and ending form tag is on a webpage, as long as they are both within the body of the page and as long as there is only one form and all the form elements are between the start tag and end tag. If you have more than one form on a page you must close the first form before opening the second form.<br />
<br />
Kevin<!--content-->Thanks to both of you! I'll give it a try this weekend and see if how it goes.<br />
<br />
Thanks again!<!--content-->

Back