A Link to Google: Does it matter?

Kader_kurbani

I have always wondered if linking to google could help me at all when it comes time for indexing.

Is there any myths about linking to google? What are the facts? Is it just another link they could care less about.... I have never seen any indication that a link to Google makes a lick of difference in one's rankings.

Brian I see a lot of big name sites linking to Google, but is that just because they simply feel like it...

I know it won't help SERP rankings, but does it affect indexing time or the google "sandbox" (If one does exist) I spend my time SEOing the Real Estate sector among others and I can tell you that I do not think it affects a thing in terms of sandbox (my opinion) and in terms of indexing...I wouldn't think so either..

Eric So I guess it is just a coincidence? Quote: Originally Posted by Nick So I guess it is just a coincidence? ya Quote: Originally Posted by Nick I have always wondered if linking to google could help me at all when it comes time for indexing.

Is there any myths about linking to google? What are the facts? Is it just another link they could care less about.... The first I ever heard of that...Would be nice if someone did an experiment to check this out
biggrin.gif
*wink**wink* Perhaps you can check out what pages provide backlink to Google and check their indexed page numbers through "site:www.domain.com". I doubt it makes a difference though. I do not believe it will help you in Google rankings for your targetted keywords. No because everyone would be doing it then! Quote: Originally Posted by Johan007 No because everyone would be doing it then! LOL, yeah that would be funny! But if everyone did it, then they would be on a same playing field and Google would then determine their ranking according to SEO!