a 'back' button on the page...

liunx

...but not a hyperlink to a different page!<br />
<br />
Actually, I have two questions, and the first has nothing to do with the title. Odd, no? =P<br />
<br />
My page uses inline frames, because I can make them work, and they seem to do everything I need them to. BUT, I've seen in the source of many pages, a different type of frame. As far as I can make out, it does the same thing, and it seems to function the same...are they the same? Does one have benifits that the other doesn't?<br />
<br />
The other question (this is the important one, which is why it's second...)<br />
<br />
So, from this page, using inline frames, the user goes off to a different page (in the same window; the whole window, not just a frame). Now, I want to put a button on this new page, which functions exactly the same as the browser's back button (that is, when you click it, you go back to the page with frames, and each frame contains whatever page it was displaying when you left).<br />
<br />
See what I mean? If I just have hypertext saying 'back' and pointing to index.html, it'll open that page up again with all the frame showing their source pages, which isn't what I need.<br />
<br />
Mmmmm, too much talking =P<br />
<br />
Cheers-<br />
Wozza<!--content-->Not sure what you mean by #1<br />
<br />
#2 can be done with some javascript, though it won't work for 13% of the users:<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"index.htm" onclick="history.go(-1); return false;">Go Back</a><br />
<br />
The index.htm will be where users with javascript disabled get sent to. The return false in the onclick handler tell javascript enabled browsers to ignore the link.<!--content-->Perfect, many thanks =)<br />
<br />
-Wozza<!--content-->You're welcome... :)<!--content-->

Back