__DoPostback posts back the values of disabled controls when doing a partial postback

taunteebype

I have a form which, for the sake of isolating the problem, has about a dozen plain HTML checkboxes (not WebControls), all of which are disabled. They are inside an \[code\]UpdatePanel\[/code\].I have a link which calls \[quote\] \[code\]__doPostBack('a-control','my-custom-argument');\[/code\]\[/quote\]Depending on the first argument I supply, the page may do a full \[code\]postback\[/code\] or a partial one.When I do a full \[code\]postback\[/code\], none of the checkbox values are submitted in the post (because they are disabled). This is the normal and thus desired behavior.However, when it does a partial \[code\]postback\[/code\], the script collects all of the values from my checkboxes and submits them, without indicating which ones were disabled, which breaks my code.It's annoying and I would like it to behave consistently. Is there anyway to tell the .NET javascript handler to work the way the rest of the world does and not \[code\]postback\[/code\] the values of disabled HTML form elements?