403 forbidden

I uploaded a folder called 'yoga' to my website that is not linked in the menu. The menu is build in two frames.<br />
<br />
Now I assumed that if I would open the site by typing /yoga iwoul get there(to the .html file that is)<br />
<br />
but when I type that it says code 403 forbidden You don't have permission to access /yoga/ on this server:confused:<br />
<br />
should I make changes in the html code to by pass the frames menu or why else is this going wrong???<!--content-->calling for a folder only works when there is an "index.html" located in it!<br />
You can also direct to the specific html-doc in that folder!<br />
<br />
I hope this helps!<!--content-->Yeah, ctrl-t is right. If you type in <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.georgelangenberg.com/yoga/filename.html">www.georgelangenberg.com/yoga/filename.html</a><!-- w -->, you would be taken to the filename that you specified.<!--content-->directing to the .html file doesn't work. so i should create an extra index within this specific folder...<br />
<br />
let's find out what to put in there....:eek:<!--content-->no no no the html file is called yog.html<br />
but /yoga/yoga.html<br />
doesn't work:<br />
Not Found<br />
The requested URL /yoga/yoga.html, was not found on this server.<br />
but realy it is there I uploaded it and I see it in golive<!--content-->oooops it does work<br />
<br />
<br />
hmmm silly:D i'm blond i'm blond believe me<!--content-->I had this probelm yesterday. The solution was, my files were .htm and not .html. But I doubt you have made the same mistake, since you're not as stupid as me!<!--content-->i have dreamweaver and i have golive<br />
<br />
dreamweaver creates .htm files and golive wants .html files i took a while to get then to work together.<!--content-->Originally posted by george71 <br />
no no no the html file is called yog.html<br />
but <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.georgelangenberg.com/yoga/yoga.html">www.georgelangenberg.com/yoga/yoga.html</a><!-- w --><br />
<br />
doesn't work:<br />
Not Found<br />
The requested URL /yoga/yoga.html, was not found on this server.<br />
but realy it is there I uploaded it and I see it in golive <br />
<br />
If the html in your yoga-folder is called yog.html use this as the link (check spelling!!!! must be presice to the actual name)<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.georgelangenberg.com/yoga/yog.html">www.georgelangenberg.com/yoga/yog.html</a><!-- w -->. hate dreamweaver beacuse of the .htm thing. I put links in all my files, linking to "page.html" when it was called "page.htm", it took a long time to realise the problem, then I had to change all my links..................... :(<!--content-->now i sorted this thing out Thanx ctr t & claire i have problems with my style sheet.. but that's another forum I see bye from amsterdam<!--content-->Bye........... i might see you in the CSS forum! Some people on here aren't happy if you post in the wrong forum!<!--content-->

Back