22 years old, been having problems learning programming/php, with adhd [closed]

DjGloom

I will try to keep it as short as I can,I'm 22 years old, having many many difficulties of motivation, persistence and dealing with mental jobs for years. Ii have very few interests (couldn't persist and learn), and as computers is probably the biggest, whenever I think about all the problems i have/had with my ADHD I immediately jump to my programming learning experiences. Unfortunately, although having symptoms for years, I was only diagnosed a few months ago, and tried Ritalin with some side affects for a few times. I tried learning computer programming more than 20 times over the years, including web development, and managed to get little pieces of information before jumping to another area. Every time I faced a new hardship, I just lost motivation until I just got to the conclusion this field isn't for me. Since then I tried learning again, trying some web development including PHP but I just couldn't persist, jumped and avoided.I touched little of many subjects, without any real and profound understanding of each. I also touched HTML+CSS in the past but managed to forget some of it. I tried learning C in the past, and do know the syntax which made it easier for me to try and learn PHP and even Java (and understand OOP better). Yet when I face something hard I just drop it. That's why I manage to learn basic syntax of C, but stopped using Linux and actually don't have much of an understanding.I find it very very difficult to organize and persist, without the need of dropping the subject and in a big crossroad if this field is for me. I'm not sure computer science is, as it has much more difficulties for my problem, but more PHP-web development that have much demand and is probably the future. Yet, whenever I try and learn, I again learn what is easy for me, skip things like CSS/HTML and lose interest very fast.I'm not sure what to do, and it's not as simple as "just learn" or "do a project", I just can't do it! Does it mean this field isn't for me? Should I pursue a career as chef instead? (:Should I maybe try and learn it on a structured course? I live in Israel and the courses here aren't very profound. I never put my mind into a "career" mode and it always was a hobby, but I doubt I can motivate myself this way.I'm sorry for the long message and appreciate any advice.edit-i forgot to mention(hoping those who already answered will see it), when dealing with the hardship of programming i face, i have very uncomfortable feelings, like its really really not make me feel good. not the programming itself=the proccess im facing.also i sometimes(like now (: ) have this increase "concentration" and worries about what to do.well, of course in order to stop and lose motivation for months, you have to feel really crappy...you wont stop just by haing little discomfort.

Back