2 newbie questions!plz help!

liunx

hello, this is my first post here and i would appreciate if you could give em a hand.<br />
<br />
im a web programmer with basic web designing skills, photoshop,flash etc.<br />
<br />
my first question is:<br />
<br />
is there a way to get rid of teh space on the bottom section of each cell? ie: i have a 2x2 table and i wat to display a big square by inserting 4 smaller squares on the 4 cells. so far i cant seem to make it happen, im using DW and ive fumbled withthe cellpad, cellspace and border variables but the top cells always have an un-erasable blank line when they end.<br />
<br />
second question:<br />
<br />
sometimes in teh web i see custom tables, i mean tables that display not a standard box like form with one colour but a combination colours, or patterns, or gradients. do you understand what i mean?<br />
<br />
How are they done? is programming involved in a repetative fashion???<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanx in advance<br />
Alex<!--content-->The best thing you could do is post some links to your table and a table that you have seen with the gradients ect in<br />
<br />
but from what i understand of your questions<br />
<br />
1. you want to have a table with no spaces then use this<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><br />
<tr><br />
<td></td><br />
<td></td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td></td><br />
<td></td><br />
</tr><br />
</table> <br />
If you are trying to put 4 different images together in your cell(just asuming) then maybe you have a small white border on it (i had this problem a while back and it aint always obvious)<br />
<br />
2. This sounds like a background image to the table or cell but the best thing like i said would be to post a link<br />
<br />
Hope this helps but if not can you elaborate on your questions a bit more?<br />
<br />
:banana: :pimp: :banana:<!--content-->I've said this before and will say it again.<br />
<br />
I can't put enough praise in the direction of netscape composer for table design. Get netscape (ya don't have to surf on it), open Netscape Composer and author your tables. It's ace and I use Dreamweaver as well.<br />
<br />
Composer is great for learning and gives you just about 100% control with ease. Author your tables there and then tweak em in Dreamweaver or your fave editor.<br />
<br />
Anyone from Netscape reading this, it's about time I got some kinda loyalty reward, at least a commission of some kind...<!--content-->

Back