2 different results

wvparanormal

bigwebmaster, i noticed yesterday that google is using to different data bases. i had made some changes to my site, in the title, and on monday my site was listed 4th with the new changes added. then today i went to check and my site had dropped to the 8th page, back to where it used to be. then i noticed that my changes had not been made. So obviously googel is using 2 data bases. My question is why did they use one data base for like 4 days, which listed my site very well, with new changes, tehn drop back to the old data base where my site has been sitting for about a week and a half now. thanks .....I have never heard of google storring old pages, so I don't understand how google still had the unupdated version....It is important to remember that google does not all reside on one server. It resides across thousands of servers through numerous datacenters. When changes start appearing in the SERPs for Google it usually takes some time to be transferred to all the datacenters. Now when you visit Google their DNS will usually give you the IP of one of the datacenters which expires in about 5 min or less. That means if you search google again 5+ minutes later you might be actually searching from another datacenter again and you may get different results if all the datacenters aren't showing the same SERPs yet. A good tool to use, and which I use, is:http://www.google-dance.com/For the area to check put it on the 10 datacenters and then tweak the other settings how you want, then enter your keyword you are wanting to compare and you can see if its the same on all the datacenters.Sometimes you may see that it looks like possible SERPs are changing to be more in your favor, but then later they disappear. There are a few reasons that could happen. One is that Google will use what is called a Freshbot (well they used to, I am not sure if they do anymore because their freshbot acts like their deepbot at times -- however they may still do freshbot spidering), and what usually happens with the Freshbot is that the SERPs in google will change for a few days until the fresh data expires, and then it will resort back to the other data.Another thing that could cause it to not last long is if Google made a change to their ranking algorithm, but later decided that the old algorithm was better. If that is the case the results could appear to start ranking like they used to_Overall its hard to pinpoint exactly what Google is doing, but if you watch it enough you will start to understand how complex it really is. What I have found though is that getting people to link to you with the keyword you want to rank high for, and with alot of backlinks -- you will probably then gain the top position for it.The main keyword for Ozzu was "webmaster forum" and you will see Ozzu is currently ranked number 1 for it. The reason we have obtained that spot is that we have 2000+ backlinks to the site and the majority of links to the site link to us as "Webmaster Forum", which helps tremendously.Google defenatly update your site within in 1 - 2 month, keep patient till that time..You defently come back afer some time try to increase your page rank.You might find some interesting differences in searching in Google under:www1.google.comwww2.google.comwww3.google.com