2 CGI scripts with 1 click..

liunx

Hypothetical Situation<br />
I have 1.aspx and 2.aspx.<br />
<br />
1.aspx has a form, and its action when you press the submit button, is to process a CGI form (1.cgi), and then the cgi script goes to 2.aspx.<br />
<br />
2.aspx displays the confirmation that the script(s) has been run.<br />
<br />
Without editing the CGI script(s), is there a way that I could make sure both 1.cgi and 2.cgi are run from 1.aspx, and then 2.aspx is displayed? Apparently, it's not possible to run 2 scripts from one <form action=> tag...<br />
<br />
Any suggestions are more than welcome.<!--content-->as far as i know this is not possible, unless you combine the two CGI scripts to make one single script<br />
<br />
NOTE:i do not consider myself a CGI expert ;)<!--content-->yea... it's a bummer. the only thing is, that i can't edit the CGI scripts, and i can't merge them. from what it looks like, there is no way to do what i want.<br />
<br />
edit: could i load 2.cgi in the <body load=> of 2.aspx? would the results from the submitted form carry through to 2.aspx?<br />
<br />
thanks 96turnerri<!--content-->hm im not to sure on that ill have a look into it, try to stick clear of putting things in the <BODY> :cool:<!--content-->Originally posted by 96turnerri <br />
hm im not to sure on that ill have a look into it, try to stick clear of putting things in the <BODY> :cool: why is that? i don't usually use it, i just know that it can be used..<!--content-->i read it somewhere on the w3 site somewhere in the html rules or something like that, try validating a site which has say<br />
<br />
<body onLoad="boo()" onUnLoad="ha()"><br />
<br />
96<!--content-->Originally posted by 96turnerri <br />
try validating a site which has say<br />
<br />
<body onLoad="boo()" onUnLoad="ha()">Yeah, it will work fine in HTML 4.01. And, it will also work fine in XHTML as soon as you make your attribute names (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.2">http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.2</a><!-- m -->) lowercase:<br />
<br />
<body onload="boo()" onunload="ha()"><!--content-->ah that be why it wouldnt validate lol, i had to try figure a way round that problem, oops o well done now lol<!--content-->

Back