100 % x 100 % Table only Fills on Reload

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I can't get a table that has both width and height attributes set to 100% to fill the browser's viewable area on the first time the page is loaded. If I reload the page, it then is shown as filling the screen. <br />
<br />
The bgcolor set in the body shows up in the right and bottom margins on first load. I attached a screenshots of what it looks like on first load. It looks fine after the first reload.<br />
<br />
Here's the page:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.testyourc.com/reload/">http://www.testyourc.com/reload/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
and code:<br />
<br />
<body bgcolor="#000099" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"><br />
<table width="100%" height="100%" border="3" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#33FF00"><br />
<tr><br />
<td>&nbsp;</td><br />
<td>&nbsp;</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td valign="bottom">hi</td><br />
<td valign="bottom">hi</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</body><br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
voltson<!--content-->post the html code<!--content-->&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;o_O<br />
<br />
whoa!!<br />
<br />
I see what you mean....<br />
<br />
when i open the site in a new browser window from your website then everything loads just fine...<br />
<br />
However!! when i save the source on my desktop and then open it, i get the exact same thing you have going on, the blue borders on the right and bottom sides of thepage and they stay there ( or come back ) if i click on the GO! button in ie6 or if i first load the page.... and then when i hit refresh then it goes away...<br />
<br />
I've even tried removing the meta tag AND the doctype lines but still the same thing happens so it's obviously Not those two lines...<br />
<br />
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;o_O<br />
<br />
Da_n dat's weird... im thinking that it's probably an ie6 prob off the top of my head, but on your site, the website loads your page just fine everytime, refresh or not...<br />
<br />
kevin, do you or anyone else have any ideas or is it an ie6 bug??<br />
<br />
if anyone else has access to ie5.5 or earlier, please try seeing if you get the same thing when you save the page she linked to in this thread to your desktop and open it in the older ie's... ( i would but i wont have constant access to ie < 6.x for quite a while here )<!--content-->this is the third time we've had exactly the same problem this week!<br />
<br />
remove the deprecated code from your body tag so you only have <body><br />
<br />
and add this inbetween your <head> tags<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
body {margin:0px;padding:0px;}<br />
</style><br />
<br />
:D<!--content-->"deprecated code"<br />
<br />
ahhhh that make sence...<br />
<br />
so if the attributes are depreciated then the brower will not try to 'debug' the html when you first load it from your local system but will try to 'debug' it after it's been refreshed...<br />
<br />
chalk one up for browser lazyness ( at least in ie6's case ), go fig...<br />
<br />
<br />
thanx, leoo, btw, where's the best place to catch up on what's depreciated and in what versions you don't "need" to use the depreciated code for any longer as well as the older ones that you "have" to?<!--content-->Originally posted by ucm <br />
thanx, leoo, btw, where's the best place to catch up on what's depreciated and in what versions you don't "need" to use the depreciated code for any longer as well as the older ones that you "have" to? <br />
start reading<br />
<br />
click the 4.01 link in my sig.<!--content-->

Back